“Project of the Year” is an annual contest which has been held by professional IT-community Global CIO since 2012. During this time it has become a key communication platform for CIOs and top managers who use automation and digitalization in their daily practice. In the last two years the contest has become international.
“Project of the Year” is more than a contest. It has become a traditional and important event in the IT sector, thanks to which IT executives from all over the world can present their achievements and be recognized by their colleagues. At the same time, it is a great opportunity for other IT specialists to learn and adopt new best practices.
The mission of the “Project of the Year” contest is to discover, consolidate, and promote the best IT practices that can be beneficial for CIOs worldwide. Participation is free of charge.
A unique feature of the contest is the methodology of project evaluation developed by experts, which includes both online voting by members of the professional community and a comprehensive assessment of the scope and importance of project implementation. The absence of a jury and a balanced evaluation methodology make the selection of winners as objective as possible.
Of particular importance in the contest are the comments of members of the professional community, which allow to analyze the specifics of projects more objectively.
This year's contest provides an opportunity to share with colleagues additional valuable materials related to the implemented projects, such as checklists, guides, document templates and others. This will allow the professional community to make even more effective use of the experience that has been gained by colleagues in the industry, and the authors will receive an additional 0.5 points to the overall rating of the project.
Who can nominate a project for the contest:
- The CIO or business unit manager personally.
- IT service providers with the confirmation of the Head of the business unit by the customer. Projects that are not properly confirmed are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Software products, solutions that are not implemented by an external customer and not confirmed by its manager are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- It is possible to submit several projects in different nominations, but each project participates only in one nomination.
Criteria for selecting projects for the contest:
- The project or part of a business project must have specific goals and objectives;
- the stated goals of the project or part of a large business project must be achieved between October 1, 2022 and November 1, 2023 (the duration of the project may not be limited to this period);
- the project must have an implementation outcome. Projects that have not been implemented at the declared end customer will not be accepted (e.g. unimplemented software products).
- The portal editorial staff reserves the right to move projects from one category to another for better thematic presentation of projects and adequate competition.
- Application submission: September 15 - October 31, 2023
- Project verification: November 1 - November 15, 2023
- Voting: November 16, 2023 - January 8, 2024 inclusive
- Competition results announcement and awarding the winners (preliminarily): February 15th, 2024.
Project evaluation criteria
1. Scale is assessed by the project applicant.
2. Significance for the company is assessed by the project applicant.
3. Complexity of the project is evaluated by the IT community. The voter assigns from 1 to 5 points.
4. Optimality of the solution to the task is evaluated by the IT community. The voter assigns from 1 to 5 points.
5. Additional points - for useful materials on the project results (if avalible), which the project applicant can share with members of the Global CIO professional community:
checklist: 5-10 most important points that should not be forgotten when implementing such a project;
guide: how to implement such projects, sequence of implementation stages, difficulties encountered and how they were solved, alternative solutions;
document templates: regulations, orders, standards, rules, methods, regulations, procedures, models, standard tasks, standard forms.
If the organizing committee accepts these materials, regardless of their number, the project receives an additional 0.5 points to the rating. The materials are further published in the section for Compass CIO subscribers.
6. Additional points for comments to projects:
Each detailed comment by a member of the professional community on a project (the comment must be over 200 characters) adds 0.2 points to the project. Only comments from IT executives are counted (comments from IT vendors, participants and IT journalists are not counted).
Project author responses to comments (over 200 characters) also add 0.2 points to the project for each comment.
Applications for participation in the “Project of the Year” will begin on September 15th. Participation is free of charge.
Follow the link to participate.
We are waiting for your projects and wish you victory at the contest!
18 countries have unveiled the first international agreement on how to protect artificial intelligence from irresponsible players. It aims to develop AI solutions that are "inherently safe".
On November 30, the professional IT community GlobalCIO hosted a large-scaled international conference "Global CIO Insights: Digital Transformation with AI". During the event, leading experts shared their practical experience in launching projects utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) and highlighted approaches that helped elevate their companies to new heights.
Voting for projects participating in the "Project of the Year" contest is open. The voting began on December 1st and will continue until January 15th inclusive. The winners will be announced on February 7th, 2024.
Online sales is one of the areas where the quality of IT tools directly affects business profitability. Kamza Nugumanov, CIO of Jusan store, tells about the experience of deploying a rapidly growing Kazakh marketplace.