- Eurasian Resources Group
- Project manager on the customer side
- IT Provider
- Business & Technology services (part of ERG)
- Year of project completion
- Project timeline
- October, 2021 - June, 2023
- Project scope
- 20310 man-hours
Implementation of a unified remuneration system and SAP HCM Payroll functionality on the SAP S4/HANA platform by automating the process of “Payroll calculation (accounting for mutual settlements with personnel)” for enterprises in the Kazakhstan region Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) by 01/01/2023.Enable: a unified methodology for calculating wages (regular wages, shift accounting, piece work payment, additional allowances, employee loans, etc.); uniform system configuration across all assets; linking the functions of personnel accounting and payroll; elimination of double entry in personnel accounting systems and payroll systems; implementation of regulatory and mandatory reporting.
- Project Results
As the result of this project, ERG could achieve:
- True unification of the process across all business entities
- Significantly increase quality of HR data for 65000 employees
- Increased performance of HR operations staff
- Automated provision of HR services such as payslips, employment certificates, calculation of remaining vacation dates, etc.
The uniqueness of the projectA big audacious ambitious goal, a “BHAG”, an ambitious deadline, an ambitious project – these are the synonyms for the SAP Payroll project at the ERG group of companies from the very beginning. In itself, the implementation of the SAP HCM Payroll functionality is not an exclusive and unique task, but the conditions in which the project’s goal was achieved within the set period make it reasonable to consider it unique. Indeed, one does not have to be an innovator to be unique.
- Used software
- SAP HCM (Human Capital Management) S/4 HANA,
- SAP Process Orchestration 7.5 integration bus
- Integration with the following systems:
- SAP ERP,
- Personnel document management system,
- Several instances of 1C systems of different versions,
- Master Data Management (MDM) system,
- e-Timesheets (system for recording working hours data and coordinating employee timesheets),
- Employee meals accounting system,
- MyERG (enterprise mobile application).
- Difficulty of implementation
The main difficulties we encountered:1) At the input of the project, there are heterogeneous processes of personnel accounting, time tracking and salary calculations and heterogeneous historical systems - 12 different systems and configurations at ERG enterprises;2) Designing a solution based on the functionality of SAP HCM Payroll and starting to implement the solution in parallel with the separation of the existing functions of SAP HCM, organizational design and personnel records from the SAP ERP system into a separate system with the transfer of all historical data;3) A large number of integrations, including with numerous configurations of financial accounting systems;4) A large number of developed reports and output forms;5) Poor quality personnel records, which are the basis for salary calculation processes. It was necessary to normalize the data before launching the solution;6) Difficulty in accessing end users for pilot operation and training due to their operational tasks;7) Huge amount of data to migrate.
- Project Description
The main objective of the project was the implementation and launch into operation of a solution that guarantees the accuracy of all wage calculations and payments for each of the 65,000 employees of the enterprises of the Kazakhstan Eurasian Resources Group (ERG) region, allowing to manage gross and net wages from a single source of truth, taking into account all benefits and deductions and providing 24/7 access to all payroll transactions.
As prerequisites for automation, two large-scale and significant tasks were completed within the project.
- First is the development of a methodology for a unified remuneration system for ERG Enterprises, with the revision and transformation of business processes for personnel accounting and working hours recording, the construction of salary calculation processes, the unification of order templates, catalogs of working time schedules, absences and presences, types of payments, accruals and deductions, thereby ensuring compliance with all norms of labor legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- The second prerequisite is the separation of the previously implemented functionality of SAP HCM organizational management, personnel records and time tracking from the SAP ERP system into a separate SAP HCM system on the SAP S4/HANA platform, and as a result, providing a platform for automating the process of calculating salary with reliable protection of personal data and confidential information.
- Project geography
- ERG enterprises in the Republic of Kazakhstan - 35 enterprises, with a total number of 65,000 employees.
- Additional presentations:
- SAP Payroll - project brief.pdf
The beginning of the year was marked by a flurry of activity by various legislators to deal with artificial intelligence. The New York Times filed a lawsuit against OpenAI and Microsoft, and the UAE created an AI council to accelerate the adoption of AI systems in critical sectors of the economy.
What should a business solution be, so that it is chosen by young people, but at the same time not rejected by older professionals? Maybe beauty will save the peace in the team, because everyone wants to work in an application that looks beautiful? It is true, but User Interface (UI) is good when it is based on User Experience (UX). If harmony between UI and UX is achieved, the product will be both beautiful and user-friendly.
Choosing between cross-platform development and native development for iOS and Android is not just a technical decision, it is a strategy that can determine the future of your mobile product.
Andrey Lukin, senior PHP-developer at an international dating startup, tells us how to create and implement an internal framework into the team's workflow so that the results live up to expectations.