- Eurasian Resources Group
- Project manager on the customer side
- IT Provider
- Business & Technology services (part of ERG)
- Year of project completion
- Project timeline
- July, 2022 - November, 2022
- Project scope
- 33400 man-hours
- The main goal of the project is to reduce the delivery time of off-the-shelf tools used in maintenance activities and office supplies.
- Project Results
As a result of the project, delivery times were reduced by 10 times. On average, it takes 9 days from order to delivery.
ERG Mobile Marketplace has been replicated to all ERG's 10 enterprises in 4 regions of Kazakhstan.
Two large categories of goods are purchased using a new process, 4 suppliers are connected to the ERG Markeplace, delivering to all regions of presence. Currently 18,000 products worth $2.2 million have been ordered through the ERG Marketplace.
The uniqueness of the project
ERG Marketplace is the first internal marketplace in the mining and metallurgical sector in Kazakhstan.
Employees can order goods in a couple of clicks and receive delivery directly to their workplace. Delivery times have been reduced by 10 times, which allows flexibility in ordering goods as needed.
The product was fully implemented within 3 months. At the moment, goods in the “Tools” and “Office Supplies” categories are purchased only through the ERG Marketplace.
- Used software
The product is implemented within the corporate superapp MyERG/Qollab.kz, to which all ERG employees have access.
The service is developed using Python Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis technologies.
- Difficulty of implementation
- The difficulty of implementation was the complete restructuring of the procurement process. The process affected all services at business entities: accounting, purchasing managers, security service, сompliance and so on. Maintenance process in the ERP system has changed too.
- Project Description
The system is intended for employees of production entities. The service is implemented in a corporate superapp, where one can view a catalog of goods from suppliers. The user selects what (s)he needs and awaits delivery.
Previously, purchasing of goods related to tail-end spends was a complex process similar to purchasing a bulldozer or excavator, which took an average of 90 business days.
- ERG Marketplace simplifies ordering goods by removing all bureaucratic processes from the user
- The product shortens the delivery time to once a week deliveries.
- Delivery takes place to the user’s workplace
- No reporting is required from the user after receiving the goods
- Project geography
- 10 business entities in 4 regions of Kazakhstan
- Additional presentations:
- ERG MARKETPLACE.pdf
The beginning of the year was marked by a flurry of activity by various legislators to deal with artificial intelligence. The New York Times filed a lawsuit against OpenAI and Microsoft, and the UAE created an AI council to accelerate the adoption of AI systems in critical sectors of the economy.
What should a business solution be, so that it is chosen by young people, but at the same time not rejected by older professionals? Maybe beauty will save the peace in the team, because everyone wants to work in an application that looks beautiful? It is true, but User Interface (UI) is good when it is based on User Experience (UX). If harmony between UI and UX is achieved, the product will be both beautiful and user-friendly.
Choosing between cross-platform development and native development for iOS and Android is not just a technical decision, it is a strategy that can determine the future of your mobile product.
Andrey Lukin, senior PHP-developer at an international dating startup, tells us how to create and implement an internal framework into the team's workflow so that the results live up to expectations.