On October 6, 2022, the professional IT community Global CIO held a meeting of IT leaders of Uzbekistan as part of the international project "TOP 100 IT Leaders".
Participants were welcomed by Ekaterina Lyasko, CEO of Global CIO and Ekaterina Egorova, Project Manager "Top 100 IT Leaders" of Global CIO.
During the event, IT managers of large companies of Uzbekistan spoke:
- Muzaffar Azamov, Chairman of the Committee for the Development of Information Technology and Innovation Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Republic of Uzbekistan - Development of the IT sector in the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Alexander Petrov, Veeam Software Regional Manager - Veeam - data protection today and tomorrow!
- Bakhtiyor Alimov, Director of the Project Management Department of Bank Ipak Yuli and Alexey Ilyin, Managing Partner of A+ Solutions - Digital transformation of the bank: changes in the approach to IT architecture and IT management processes
- Abdulaziz Sattarov, member of the Board of UniversalBank (Uzbekistan) - How the role of CIO is changing, its new tasks
Then a round table was held on the topic "Modern IT leadership: role, competencies, priorities"
Topics for discussion:
- How would you prioritize yourself as the IT leader of your company: people/processes/technology?
- How do you define the role of IT departments of companies in their digital transformation? Is it a tool for implementing an IT strategy or is it the initiator and driver of this process?
- Challenges of the new time - what are they?
- What are the main skills and qualities of an IT leader in modern conditions?
- How do you see IT processes in your company, and what is your overall role in the company in 5 years?
The high level of professionalism and IT projects that were presented at this meeting opened up opportunities for active discussions, especially in the informal part of the event.
Of particular interest was the speech of Abdulaziz Sattarov, a member of the Board of UniversalBank (Uzbekistan), about the new role of the CIO, his new tasks. The ideas that Abdulaziz offers are innovative not only for Uzbekistan, but also for the CIO of any country in general.
The CIO should not only be included in the business, but should lead business processes, being a key link for shaping the company's strategy and its development.
Thanks to everyone for participating in the event!
18 countries have unveiled the first international agreement on how to protect artificial intelligence from irresponsible players. It aims to develop AI solutions that are "inherently safe".
On November 30, the professional IT community GlobalCIO hosted a large-scaled international conference "Global CIO Insights: Digital Transformation with AI". During the event, leading experts shared their practical experience in launching projects utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) and highlighted approaches that helped elevate their companies to new heights.
Voting for projects participating in the "Project of the Year" contest is open. The voting began on December 1st and will continue until January 15th inclusive. The winners will be announced on February 7th, 2024.
Online sales is one of the areas where the quality of IT tools directly affects business profitability. Kamza Nugumanov, CIO of Jusan store, tells about the experience of deploying a rapidly growing Kazakh marketplace.